GETT (Girls Exploring Tomorrow’s Technology) is a program for girls in grades 4 through 10 in which hands-on activities engage girls in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). GETT on Facebook
GETT has been postponed to October 17, 2020 at Great Valley High School. There is no need to re-register. All existing registrations will honored at the new date. If you registered as a 10th grader and will now be entering 11th grade in the Fall, you may still attend as a student. For more information visit the GETT Website.
Our branch has supported the program financially and with volunteers to run activities and help with providing information to parents. We would like to continue our support of this wonderful program with 8-10 volunteers. Volunteers will be needed for the day and possibly for the set-up the evening before as the date gets closer. Anyone with connections with local companies for funding, prizes, and promotional giveaways should contact member Mary Smith.
Volunteers will need to obtain clearances to help at GETT. Get information about required clearances here.
Create an account here to apply for clearances.
*2019 “GETT by the Numbers”:
1. 957 girls between 5th and 10th grades attended GETT 2019.
2. 315 Parents and Educators attended.
3. 73 adult volunteers and 32 STEM ambassador volunteers
4. 67 Companies, Universities and Professional Organizations participated in the Expo.
5. 121 hands-on STEM activities.
6. 23 female senior executives from business, education, and government discussed issues and opportunities around increasing the number of women in technology and STEM careers.
*Data from https://www.facebook.com/pg/gettpa/posts/?ref=page_internal